Every 28 days or so, one mature egg (oocyte) is released from the ovary. We call it ovulation.
Since an egg must be fertilized within 24 to 36 hours after ovulation, knowing about your ovulation time will significant increase your chance of conceiving. In fact, ovulation is not an hidden process. It has a lot of predict signs that you should notice in order not to miss this chance.
There are symptoms of ovulation such as:
- Basal Body Temperature (BBT) often rises after ovulation and stays high for about 10 days.
- Cervical Fluid is more discharged, so you feel wetter and the discharge is resemble of egg white.
Other symptoms are include:
- Abdominal bloating
- Low abdominal pain or uncomfortable
- Cramping on one side of your pelvis
- Tender breasts
- An increased sex drive
- Headaches, tension, change in mood, sleep problems
- Heightened senses such as vision, taste or smell
- Mild nausea
It is possible to have more than one symptom. If you really tracking your cycle and ovulation time, you can determine your peak conception time and therefore should not miss the most fertile period.
Since sperm can survive in a women’s body for up to 3 days before fertilizing an egg, it is advised to have sex three days before ovulation and on ovulation day. This will help remarkably increase your chances of getting pregnant.
In Vietkimhong Clinic, we used BBT chart to track ovulation time, to understand how the hormone function and to monitor progress during treatment. BBT chart is an extremely simple and effective tool to help women predict their ovulation time, reduce stress or negative emotions. For more information, please book an apointment with us. We will help you improve your natural fertility cycle and therefore chance for pregnancy.