Several research studies have been conducted on the effect of acupuncture on fertilization. It is important to note that acupuncture treatment should be performed months before IVF, IUIs or other assisted reproductive treatments. The purpose ofearly acupuncture treatment is to prepare the body itsefl for optimal condition to conceive, eitherwith or without assisted treatments. Certainly, preparation takes time. Therefore it is recommended for couples to turn to acupuncture at least a few months before engage into other treatments.
Effects of acupuncture:
• Acupuncture improves the quality of endometrial membrane (endometrium).
•Acupuncture stimulates blood flow to the uterine and therefore better nurture the endometrial.
• Acupuncture helps regulate hormone levels, especially gonadotropin-releasing hormone, which in turn can improve the successful rate of ovulation.
• Acupuncture helps women with PCOS and anovulation cycle.
• Acupuncture helps people with thyroid problems.
• Acupuncture increases number and quality of follicles during IVF treatment.
• Acupuncture improves sperm quality, number and mobility in men.