Acupuncture for weight loss is considered one of the safe and effective therapies nowadays. By acting on certain points on the body, acupuncture helps to regulate the hormon system and metabolism function, reduce the appetite and desire to excessive eat, relief stress and therefore help lose weight almost without side effects.
Acupuncture for weight loss
Acupuncture originated in China more than 5,000 years ago, and is one of the oldest medical therapies in the world. Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine, sterile needles at specific body points or “energy pathways.” Acupuncture for weight loss is a therapy that uses fine needles acting on the acupuncture points to regulate metabolic process, reduce appetite as well as stimulates fat burning inorder to lose weight.
Weight loss by acupuncture is mainly done by 2 methods:
• Body acupuncture: inserted points localize on the belly, back and limbs.
• Ear Acupuncture: inserted points localize only on the ears.
How long does it take for a course of treatment?
The acupuncture treatment plan is designed according to each individual’s status, need and medical history. Therefore, the plan depends on a variety of factors such as the age, gender, current Body Mass Index (BMI), health problems and diseases, so it varies from one to another. Usually, to achieve weight loss effect, the patients need around 10-20 sessions of acupuncture. One session lasts from 20 to30 minutes. Patients can have classical acupuncture 2-3 time in a week, or implant acupuncture twice in a month.
Weight loss by acupuncture is the best choice for whom?
- Those who do not have sufficient time for sport or excercise.
- People who want to avoid other methods (drugs, supplement ) which often have sideeffects.
- People with diseases which prevent them from losing weight (thyroid problems, diabetes, insulin resistence, hormon problems, etc).
- Thoses who want to lose weight only in certain areas of their body.
- Pre-Postmenopause women, women after giving birth. Man at all age.
- Those want to have sustainable and effective weight loss.
Evidence-based Research on Acupuncture
In a research review published in the International Journal of Obesity in 2009, scientists analyzed 31 studies (with a total of 3,013 participants. A total of 19 electronic databases which comprised a total of 3013 individual cases, including English, Korean, Japanese and Chinese databases, were systematically searched for RCTs of acupuncture for reduction of body weight or improvement in obesity up to March 2008. Result showed that acupuncture was associated with a significant reduction in average body weight of 1.72 kg (0.50-2.93 kg) and associated with an improvement in obesity. Acupuncture significantly reduced a body weight of 1.56 kg (0.74-2.38 kg) on average, compared to placebo treatment. Acupuncture also showed more improved outcomes for body weight as well as for obesity than conventional medication. (1)
A randomized controlled clinical trial in 196 obese subjects was performed to examine the effectiveness of body acupuncture on body weight loss, lipid profile and immunogenic and inflammatory markers. Changes in anthropometric parameters, lipid profile, and anti-Hsp-antibodies were evident in cases. Body acupuncture in combination with diet restriction was effective in enhancing weight loss and improving dyslipidemia (2).
Another study has examined the effectiveness of body acupuncture on body weight loss and routine laboratory tests. 80 obese patients received acupuncture for three- six months in combination with a low-calorie diet. Their results were assessed pre and post acupuncture, showed the significant difference of pre and post acupuncture in weightlost. It showed that acupuncture in combination with diet restriction was found to be effective for weight loss and also reduction of the inflammatory reactions (3)
The effect of acupuncture on weight loss
- Help regulates the hormon system. Support the normal metabolism process , therefore help prevent fat acummulationa and help burning fat.
- Improving the function of the digestive system. Help better absorb good nutrition and eliminate waste.
- Reduce the desire to excessive eating.
- Reduce stress, frustration or anxiety, for which the patients tend to eat more than what they actually need.
- In addition, another advantage of acupuncture treatment is that the patient can choose to lose fat in certain areas of the body, or of the whole body. Depending on the needs of each patient, the doctor will suggest a treatment plan which work best on them.
How does it look like Acupuncture treatment?
Patients are advised to eat something before the treatment. They should not have treatment in an exhausted or hungry condition.
An acupuncture treatment is designed to the most effective, safe and confortable for patients:
- Step 1: Patients are carefully examined and consulted by doctor. Their health condition, BMI, medical history, ect is taken into consideration, so that the doctor can also give them advice on suitable nutrition, lifestly and excercise.
- Step 2: Doctor diagnosis and discuss with the patients about treatment plan. .
- Step 3: Acupuncture, around 20 – 30 minutes.
- Step 4: The patient rest for 5 minutes. After that, the doctor will schedule a follow-up visit and the next treatment session.
Consideration before acupuncture treatment
If you are pregnant, or have a bleeding disorder, weakened immune system, pacemaker, you have to consult doctor before getting acupuncture.
Acupuncture is considered to have almost no side effects if it is done by licensed acupuncture doctor. Sterile, single-use needles are used in all cases.
Side effects may include little pain, dizziness, swollen, bleeding, infection on the local sites.
Why you should choose Vietkimhong Clinic for acupuncture?
Professional doctor, modern clinic
The diagnosis and acupuncture techniques play very important role in an effective treatment. Dr. Nguyen Hong is a specialist acupuncture doctor who is experienced and well-trained techniques, responsible, empathy who can help you go through the treatment without pain.
Highly effective treatment
The weight lost is different from patients. In general, patient can expect to lose 1-5 kg after 5 treatments and 5-10 kg after 10 – 15 treatments.
Acupuncture help improve the function of digestive organs such as the Stomach, the Spleen, the Instestine, the Liver and Gallbaldder at the same time, so their cooperation harmony is promoted. If the patients follow the treatment regularly , plus having a properly diety and lifestyle, their weight loss is stable for a long time.
In Vietkimhong Clinic, acupuncture is not only applied for weight loss but also to help treat other health problems as well as health prevention. This means that apart from acupuncture points for losing weight, we also combine with other points to boost the immune system function, reduce stress and promote the energy level of the whole body.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Do not hesitate to contact us for more details:
Vietkimhong Clinic, 1051 Budapest, Arany János str. 33, 1. floor, 2 door. Doorbell 127 Dr. Nguyen Hong, Tel: 0670 9431878. Email: email@example.com